Sunday, July 20, 2008

Back from Tennessee...finally

We were down there in Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area for a week and have survived the experience. Spent most of our time at the pool (hadn't heard of many campgrounds with in ground pools but hey...) and even saw some sights.

We went to the Ripley's Aquarium and had a good time there with Sawfish and Sand Tiger sharks swimming right above our heads. Lori even got to touch a stingray while we were there. Went up into the mountains and cruised the curves which made me think that it's a nice place to visit but living there would be for the goats who are much more attuned to that environment. My son also was old enough or should I say tall enough to ride a real roller coaster for the first time. We weren't sure how he would react even though he was pumped for it. First was the "Blazin' Fury" which has been at the park since 1588. He loved it and was ready for more. The "Tennessee Tornado" is a metal coaster that goes upside down but it was shorter and less of a scary ride than the "Thunderhead". He rode them both needless to say. I think we've created a monster. Even my daughter rode the "Fury" and is hooked.

Anyway pretty much a fun time had by all. See ya in four years if not before.

By the by...While cruising the hillsides, I finished "IT". Really? Two months? Pathetic. Oddly enough, as the book has to do with forgetting your past I still feel that I've read the book before. Perhaps I'm just remembering the miniseries or that's the magic of the story. I prefer to believe the latter. ;)

No comments: